Blog Search

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Whaling Festival !!!!

Last week a friend of mine who lives in Denmark, share with me about a strange fest which is known as "Whaling". The name seems kinda peculiar to me...Whaling...or whale type something..?? I ask to my friend for some detail after asking that she show's to me, is the most deadly scene that i ever experienced about. Whaling is a summer festival, which is mainly celebrated by the people of Faroe Island, under the sovereignty of "Kingdom of Denmark". During this festival people countlessly kill the beautiful Long finned Pilot whale at the sea, which is medium in size like average dolphin.

They get caught into near seashore and killed brutally. I thought one or two whales are catched of festival celebration but i was totally wrong and if you don't know about this festival yet, i bet you will get shocked. They get killed like chickens and blue sea becomes the blood sea. Its a big blood bath. 



See, its the festival picture. After watching these pictures, i can't say anything. Is this really a festival? or killing party? I don't know. I just ask one question to my friend? What you people did with after the festival? He said, they eat the flesh, maximum goes to market for selling and rest of people keep in personal storage.


There is also a short story behind these party. You'll be surprised to hear that, there is a belief of Faroe Island people have, which is, by killing Whale in this festival alone, someone can prove his bravery. Actually most teenager people whose are completed 18 every year, join this festival for proving and showing bravery for being a real Man....!!!...i thought there is always another way to prove that actually...anyway, my friend  invited me to join their next fest. I said,  

Thank you very much, but i am already a MAN !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment